Ulric Collette is a self-taught photographer from Quebec, Canada. He studied art and graphic design at school and currently works as an art director for Collette, an advertising studio in Quebec City.
In his series entitled, Genetic Portraits, Ulric splices together portraits of family members to explore the genetic similarities. From parents and their children, to twins, siblings and cousins, the series is quite fascinating, albeit a little spooky.
The splicing is done very well and the blending of the faces is near seamless. The project was shortlisted for a Cannes Lions (one of the world’s most prestigious advertising awards) and there are over 24 portraits on Ulric’s website. Please visit: genetic.ulriccollette.com to see the entire collection.
The series will also be on display from October 2 to October 28, 2012 at the Centaur Theatre’s Seagram Art Gallery in Montreal, Canada.
1. Mother / Daughter: Julie, 61 years & Isabelle, 32 years old
2. Father / Son: Denis, 60 & Mathieu, 25 years
3. Twins: Laurence & Christine, 20 years old
4. Cousin / Cousin: Justine, 29 & Ulric, 29 years
5. Daughter / Mother: Marie-Pier 18 & N’sira, 49
6. Father / Son: Laval, 56 & Vincent, 29 years
7. Mother / Daughter: Francine, 56 & Catherine, 23 years old
8. Twins Alex & Sandrine, 20
9. Sisters Gabrielle, 28 & Leah 25 years
10. Father / Son: Denis, 53 & William, 28 years old
If you enjoyed this post, the Sifter highly recommends: