Every Spring over 100,00 visitors converge in Messe Basel, Switzerland for the preeminent watch show, Baselworld. And every year, famed watchmaker Harry Winston typically unveils the latest model in their exclusive Opus line, where they collaborate with expert watchmakers — that are not yet household names — to design a watch that pushes the boundaries of traditional timepieces.
This year for the Opus 12, Harry Winston partnered with Emmanuel Bouchet and the result is an incredibly unique and intricate timepiece that is certain to generate attention no matter where it is spotted.
Only 120 of these timepieces will be made and the price is steep, estimated to start around $260,000 with more expensive versions available with added diamonds… Full details and an awesome video below by A Blog to Read. Enjoy!
The Opus 12 – Harry Winston and Emmanuel Bouchet
Limited edition of 120 pieces
Estimated cost: $260,000 and up
– Mechanical movement with manual winding
– 607 parts, 80 jewels and 2 barrels, 24 hands
– Power Reserve: 45 hour
– Hour and 1/12th of an hour (five-minutes) displays via a rotating, double-hand system
– Animation of the 12 hour hands at each change of hour (see vid below)
– Animation of the minutes hands every five minutes (see vid below)
– Retrograde five-minute display, power-reserve indicator and small seconds
Material: case in 18kt white gold with hand-sewn black alligator leather strap
Water resistance: 30 meters
If you enjoyed this post, the Sifter highly recommends: