Roberto Bernardi is a hyperrealistic still life painter from Italy. Born in Todi in 1974, Bernardi first work in oils date back to the early 80s. In 1993 Bernardi moved to Rome where he worked as a restorer in the church of San Francesco a Ripa. After an initial foray with landscapes and portraits, Bernardi turned towards Hyperrealism.
He had his first solo exhibit in 1994 and his work has been seen around the world since. He is currently represented by the Bernarducci Meisel Gallery in New York and you can find his work in the following cities for the upcoming calendar year:
Solo exhibition 2013
– New paintings, Bernarducci Meisel Gallery, New York
Group exhibition 2013
– Painted Illusions: Hyperrealism 1967-2012, Thyssen – Bornemisza Museum, Madrid, 8 April to 30 June
– Painted Illusions: Hyperrealism 1967-2012, Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery, Birmingham, England
– Photorealism Revisited, OKCMOA – Oklahoma City Museum of Art, Oklaoma City, 30 January to 5 May 2013
– Besthoff Collections, NOMA – New Orleans Museum of Art, New Orleans
– The Butler Institute Of American Art, Sept. 2013, Howland Township, Ohio (U.S.A.)
CANDY MACHINE, oil on canvas, 2009, 70 x 100 cm.
CERCHI PERFETTI, oil on canvas, 2006, 80 x 120 cm
GLI SCIENZIATI, oil on canvas, 2006, 42 x 60 cm.
CANDY RAINBOW, oil on canvas, 2010, 87 x 125 cm
COLORI E SENTIERI, oil on canvas, 2004, 57 X 68 cm.
LE DUE LUCI, oil on canvas, 2012, 90 X 55 cm.
FUORI O DENTRO, oil on canvas, 2007, 76 X 106 cm.
IL DIAMANTE, oil on canvas, 2010, 45 X 50 cm
If you enjoyed this post, the Sifter